04 Feb 13
For years, Noosa has been a top destination on the bike riders’ list. The paths are so easy to get around, the council has provided quality routes right around Noosa for a long time and of course, we are home to the internationally known “Noosa Triathlon”. Noosa has promoted casual and competition bike riding with huge success; now, the area is full of riders most of the time, and this trend is especially shown on early mornings. As riding is a popular activity in Noosa, there has been an influx of bike and scooter hire shops around, especially around the Hastings Street, Gympie Tce and Noosa Junction locations. Their prices are inexpensive; some starting at only $15 for two hours! If you’re not a competition cyclist and prefer to casually ride in your spare time Noosa has adapted to this. Isn’t it time more people started using their own energy as opposed to their cars to get around? Noosa is the perfect place for it – everything is just short distance away.
Noosa Tri cyclist’s route usually runs from Cooroy all the way to Noosa Heads – wow, what a ride! And the finishing line on Hastings Street is always jam-packed with people waiting to welcome home our competitors. If you want to get a good spot in the crowd we suggest getting in very, very early morning!
There are many other sporting activities around the area, especially water sports such as sailing, kayaking, rowing, kite surfing, the list just goes on and on! And who could forget the main sport around here – surfing! On a day of good conditions Noosa draws in heaps of surfers to the points; Johnsons, Nationals, Granite and the open beaches like Sunshine and Peregian for the experienced! And that’s just our water sports introduction! Not to mention the amount of quality exercise machines all over Gympie Tce and Tai-Chi in the park on Thursday morning, the outdoor personal trainers we see around, and the indoor sports and fitness around the industrial estate.
If you want to get fit, and experience the delights of the widely known and promoted Sunshine Coast lifestyle at the same time, Noosa would have to be the top location!
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Latest News & Events
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more
- 09 May 17
- Noosa's Most Famous Mountain. Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with... read more
- 28 Apr 17
- Calling all Golfers There are four golf courses in Noosa with at least another dozen within a 45 minute drive from... read more