17 Jul 13
British and Irish Lions and supporters, welcome to Noosa!! Hastings Street has definitely unravelled the welcome mat for you all!
Hastings St will become very busy now that the Lions are here! They are set to arrive today, Sunday 30 June 2013. Our office has welcomed so many visitors through our doors since Friday – our holiday apartments are almost completely full! We are very happy to welcome everybody to our famous town.
The Lions are set to train at the local rugby club during their recovery session here – why don’t you catch them at training? Training hard is what it’s all about so it’s nice to welcome them all to relax with us, enjoy our beach (hopefully the clouds clear up just a touch!) and eat at our renowned restaurants. And don’t they deserve it!
It was great to see the busload of them arrive at The Sheraton Hastings St. The Sheraton certainly does have a professional image and with the money they are investing into the complex with renovations etc definitely makes it an attractive option! Have you had dinner at the Noosa Beach House yet? I bet The Lions would have sat down for a bite there! A lot of people who work along Hastings Street were wearing red and yellow badges for support and had big welcome signs at their shopfronts!
It was lovely to see all of their supporters flood our beach even though the clouds were a bit grey for a few days. Sunbaking on Main Beach in winter anyone? Yes it’s possible at Noosa! Not sure if anyone found a park on Hastings Street though because we were so full! Have you seen the reno’s happening at Sandcastles lately? It looks nothing like it used to! The tradespeople have definitely got right into it and it should be finished relatively soon.
Have you been whale watching this season? Tours leave from Mooloolaba Sunshine Coast. Why not stay with us in Noosa, we have smart budget accommodation available and you could take the drive down to Mooloolaba (only about 30 minutes) and cruise out to sea! It’s a great experience we would recommend. It’s a lovely coastal drive down David Low Way past Sunshine and Sunrise Beach, Castaways Beach, Marcus Beach, Peregian Beach, Coolum Beach and Marcoola. You won’t miss out on seeing a few waves here and there on your way!
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Latest News & Events
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more
- 09 May 17
- Noosa's Most Famous Mountain. Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with... read more
- 28 Apr 17
- Calling all Golfers There are four golf courses in Noosa with at least another dozen within a 45 minute drive from... read more