29 Jan 13
Most of this summer has been without rain which was a welcomed change from our summers before! But now the rain is upon us that has come from the cyclone up north. Let’s hope it does not stick around for too long now, the weather has been beautiful with sunshine these last few weeks. A few holiday makers have even postponed their Noosa stay until the rain calms down a little so they can continue traveling – and not to mention the flights that would have been cancelled already.
Although the rain is here it hasn’t deterred the Noosa locals and holiday guests who have been around the area for a few days already. There are still many people walking up and down Hastings Street, of course not as many as usual when the sun is out, but still enough people to keep the street alive! Our surfers here would probably be having the time of their lives with the waves this would be creating – the rain is not all gloom for everyone after all!
There were not many people out and about on Australia Day around town – we were all rained out!! There were a few people having under cover BBQs and get-togethers, unfortunately did not see any people with outdoor parties going on. I am sure most people would have been inside their houses and apartments most of the day! At least there isn’t any hail so that’s a good thing... let’s just hope that next Australia Day 2014 is not a wash out again!As most Noosa activities are set outdoors this can make it hard for our holiday makers to enjoy unless they are keen and experienced surfers! All of our markets like the Farmers Markets, Eumundi Markets and Yandina Markets are usually still on, it has got to take a lot more than some rain for our markets to be closed! It is always fun to sit around the beach anyway in these conditions watching the more experienced water craftsmen enjoy themselves and just admiring the big crazy waves...
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Latest News & Events
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more
- 09 May 17
- Noosa's Most Famous Mountain. Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with... read more
- 28 Apr 17
- Calling all Golfers There are four golf courses in Noosa with at least another dozen within a 45 minute drive from... read more