27 Apr 16
One of the great aspects of living, passing through or holidaying in this area is the amazing food.
Be it visiting the Cheese factory in Kenilworth, tasting the fabulious cheeses, the smoked chilli is my favourite, or popping up the road and have a cold drink in the Historic Kenilworth Hotel and a burger. This is just one aspect of the Noosa area that we love.
A Sunday favourite is going to the Noosa Farmers Market, every Sunday from 6.30 am –midday in the AFL Football grounds. Here you will find every ingredient that you need for casual picnics through to fine dining. Fresh eggs, handmade butter, local fruit and vegetables, organic, and rest assured they are so fresh you will be surprised that they last soooo long, any fresher and they’d still be in the ground. Be sure to go over to XO tasting stall and have a steamed pork bun, delicious.
Ok, restaurants, and there is a lot of them, in no particular order I recommend.
Pitchfork –Peregian Beach. Probably the most popular amongst locals, and for good reason.
Season- Hastings Street centre, Beachside of our office 25 Hastings St
Sails- Hastings Street East, amazing views over Laguna Bay
Beach House – Sheraton Hastings Street centre, celebrity chef
Miss Moneypennys- Hastings Street west, amazing pizzas and full western menu.
Little Humid – Gympie Terrace Noosaville, also has a great array of vegan food.
Gusto – Gympie Terrace Noosaville, a true stayer and the best steak.
For quality home cooking ingredients you must go to Noosa Seafood market in Noosa junction, fresh raw mud crabs, local prawns and my favourite Spangled Emperor, commonly known as Sweet Lip.
For fresh organic meats, head over to Rene Street to Eumundi Butchery, they used to be located in Eumundi, however people travelled from Noosa to buy their meats, so they relocated into the Belmondos complex to take their business to the next level. Everything from Emu, duck, venison, goat and aged beef are on offer.
While there head into Belmondos and purchase any fine food on offer and BEST of all, the freshly on premise roasted coffee from Clandestino Roasters, Noosa’s most famous importer and roaster of fair trade coffee.
I hope you enjoy my tips as much as I like tasting them. Bon appetite
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Latest News & Events
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more
- 09 May 17
- Noosa's Most Famous Mountain. Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with... read more
- 28 Apr 17
- Calling all Golfers There are four golf courses in Noosa with at least another dozen within a 45 minute drive from... read more