09 Mar 17
The Sunshine Coast, and Noosa particularly, is an area blessed with miles of dazzling blue coastline and long sandy beaches so picking the best beach is never going to be easy. It’s a controversial question too, because every visitor and every Noosa local has a favourite beach that they think is better than all the rest.
So here's a go!
In Noosa National Park, Tea Tree Bay is the pick for many people - it has shady trees, total seclusion, deep rock pools at low tide, reasonably well protected for swimming (although the beach is not patrolled) and a great place for Koala spotting!
Noosa Main Beach is an icon, being one of the very few north-facing beaches on the mainland east coast which provides an abundance of safe sheltered water that is perfect for young families, swimming and boogie-boarding. And surfers can enjoy world famous point break on the right-hand side of the beach or head the other side of the Groyne wall to avoid the crowds. And for the shopaholics, Hastings St is only meters away with world famous shopping and dining options – shop or eat, the choice is yours.
Noosa North Shore is loved by adventure seekers and 4 wheel drive enthusiasts alike and its only a short car ferry ride across the Noosa River and once there you have 80 kilometres of beach to drive along. But don't forget you need a Beach driving permit and you can't stop to buy drinks and snacks after all it is a wilderness area. The beach is not patrolled so swimming is not recommended but you can climb the sand dunes for epic ocean views and to watch out for whales blowing and breaching from June to October each year during their migration north and then south after birthing in the warmer tropical waters.
Alexandria Bay, or the A Bay as locals call it, does deserve a mention.
You can reach it only by foot through Noosa National Park or by foot along the beach from northern Sunshine Beach but, although an amazing beach, this beach is not patrolled and is recommended only for experienced board riders and surfers. The beach is a stunning with a long white sand beach perfectly nestled between two rocky headlands.So which beach did you chose?
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Latest News & Events
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more
- 09 May 17
- Noosa's Most Famous Mountain. Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with... read more
- 28 Apr 17
- Calling all Golfers There are four golf courses in Noosa with at least another dozen within a 45 minute drive from... read more