31 May 12
Walking along Sunshine Beach with my 2 best friends I think how lucky I am to be able to have my dogs with me to enjoy the wonderful place.
Lately we have been walking along Noosaville by the river
watching the sunset behind the hills. I am pretty lucky living in
Noosa for the fact that Noosa is a very dog friendly town. You
can walk down Hasting Street and through Little Cove, Sunshine
Beach and the river.
On the weekend I took my pup Sarge and dog Mia along to the Noosa RSPCA million paws walk. This is the RSPCA’s biggest fundraiser for the year. We started up at Lions Park near the Yacht Club and walked down to the end of Gympie Terrace. Some dogs were dressed up along with their owners; there were huge dogs and tiny dogs, brothers and sisters. It felt great to be apart of their fundraiser this year and support such a worthy cause.
Living in Sunshine Beach we often walk around all the quite streets, go to the local park and I am able to walk right down the road to the beach. Mia loves rolling in the warm white sand and running into the crashing waves as she tries to surf them.
Our favourite place to go would have to be down Sunshine Beach or The Spit at the end of Hasting Street. Both have a lovely walk to the beach with easy walking paths surrounded by bush.
I think that there would be a large market out there for a dog friendly café. A place where you can go for a coffee and a bite to eat and bring your best friend along with you and not have to be tied up outside. Sunshine Beach, Hasting Street and Noosa River would be ideal positions to open a business of this kind.
It would also be nice if there was a special dog park created some where with an obstacle course, pond, and special actives for the animals to get involved in. Dogs can often be excluded from parks and common areas unless they are on a leash. More leash free area need to be created so we can get out an about with our dogs.
If you would like to come on a holiday with your dog I defiantly think that the Noosa is the place to be. You have the beach and water ways, large open parks, and pet friendly accommodation.
I love living in Noosa with my dogs.
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Latest News & Events
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more
- 09 May 17
- Noosa's Most Famous Mountain. Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with... read more
- 28 Apr 17
- Calling all Golfers There are four golf courses in Noosa with at least another dozen within a 45 minute drive from... read more