19 Jul 12
It’s not what you planned for your Sunshine Coast vacation, but you’ve arrived and found the weather is less than favorable – fear not! Noosa can still offer fun and relaxation during the rainy season. There are a number of attractions that will keep you entertained – you’ll forget the rain is even falling.
While shopping may be the obvious solution, the choices extend to more than the famous Hastings Street. Catching a ferry all the way to Noosa Marina will offer you a great alternative to the hustle and bustle. There is a small collection of shops with markets every Sunday morning. While you are there, enjoy a spot of lunch at one of the cafes. Alternatively, Noosa Civic is accessible by bus or taxi and has an array of the popular chain stores. Or with an umbrella in one hand, you could explore the factory shops in Gateway Drive Noosaville for a few bargains.
Booking a surf lesson shouldn’t be written off either. You were going to get wet in the ocean anyway and the water is traditionally warmer in the wet. And, for the added bonus, there won’t be the usual crowd of on-lookers keeping an eye on you. A Stand-up Paddle lesson works in much the same way. As does hiring a Kayak from one of the many boat hire places from Gympie Terrace or even a jet ski.
Treat yourself to an indulgent spa treatment at one of the many therapists in town. Enjoy a long massage or hot stone treatment – go on, you deserve it and you are on holiday!
Sunshine Beach Road is home to the Noosa5 Cinema complex offering the latest in film releases. Get tickets early and relax with a coffee before your movie starts. Don’t forget Tuesday is the discount day, so it will be a popular choice.
For the groups, a trip to Bartlett Road in Noosaville for a few games of Ten Pin Bowling is not to be missed. Fully air-conditioned this is the perfect seven-day destination, all weather venue for families.
And if all else fails – then a long lunch to discuss all the other options is recommended. A visit to the Noosa Information Office at the end of Hastings Street (just a three minute walk from the Dowling and Neylan office), will offer you further inspiration to shake the rainy blues and get you back on track to enjoy your Noosa holiday.
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Latest News & Events
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more
- 09 May 17
- Noosa's Most Famous Mountain. Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with... read more
- 28 Apr 17
- Calling all Golfers There are four golf courses in Noosa with at least another dozen within a 45 minute drive from... read more