04 Feb 13
Thinking of what Noosa has to offer indoors?
Noosa is mainly known for its excellent weather and beaches and other outdoor activities. We find that when it rains, our holiday makers feel they are stuck within their apartments because they arrived here for the beach of course! When it is out of action, there are still heaps of things Noosa can offer you.
Thinking indoors, you can catch a movie at Noosa 5 Cinemas, located in Noosa Junction (just over the hill from Hastings Street). Their facilities are great! Although not as big as Maroochydore they come under the same banner of Event Cinemas so you can be sure of popular screenings and comfy seats. If sitting down and watching movies is not your main idea of fun and would rather something more active, you can try Noosa Ten Pin bowling located around the industrial area down Rene St Noosaville! They have great rates, heaps of bowling isles so you can have group competitions, and lots of food and drink available!
If you don’t mind the rain and still like to venture outdoors, be sure to check out all of the art galleries located along Hastings Street. The art around is amazing! We have David Hart galleries, Le Blanc Art, and Peter Lik gallery to name a few! I think it’s actually possible spend all day in those galleries! And pieces are reasonably priced as well... You could bring home quality Noosa art! Even the Noosa Harbour town markets located in Tewantin are undercover so the rain is no excuse to miss! Harbour town markets are full of locally made clothes and accessories, arts and crafts, food, even massage services, all on the harbour. Which means there are lots of options for lunch like fish and chips, River Deck and Trio’s (of course all of those are mainly seafood restaurants). All offering great river views at reasonable prices! You can even take the ferry for just $20 for an adult full day pass from Hastings Street, through the Noosa River and down to Noosa Harbour. Take the scenic route and you don’t even have to drive! Of course when we have above average levels of rain, it would be best to check with Noosa Ferry operators for their running times by calling them direct.Thought that Noosa was only good for sunny days, its beach conditions and outdoor activities? There you have it – plenty more that Noosa can offer you even on not-so-nice days.
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Latest News & Events
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more
- 09 May 17
- Noosa's Most Famous Mountain. Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with... read more
- 28 Apr 17
- Calling all Golfers There are four golf courses in Noosa with at least another dozen within a 45 minute drive from... read more