12 Mar 13
Noosa is home to a lot of different sporting clubs who do a fantastic job in their game, provide us with great entertainment and represent Noosa all over the Sunshine Coast Queensland! Many local businesses support Noosa sports with sponsorship and don’t they deserve it! Team members, referees, club officials put a lot of time into the game and they certainly perform well.
Known clubs around include Noosa Lions football club, Noosa Eagles soccer club, Noosa Dolphins rugby club and the Noosa Cyclones basketball club! All of these clubs are large and have been established for a long time, and of course train in local areas. Noosa Lions Football club have been standing since the 1970s and have now located to the new Girraween Sports Complex in Noosa Heads for 2013! The Lions represent Noosa in many matches held in Noosa and around the coast. If footy isn’t your flavour you may be more interested in the Noosa Cyclones Basketball team! They train at the Noosa Leisure Centre (Wallace House) Noosaville and have great photo galleries on their website! The Cyclones make Basketball look like a lot of fun to join!
The Noosa Eagles soccer club home and training grounds is located at Good Shepherd Lutheran College Noosaville. They welcome players of a young age so you could get your kids into soccer! Go and watch one of their games at the college and you’ll see how much fun it could be! Even if you would prefer an exciting contact sport, watch the Noosa Dolphins rugby club play a few games at one of their many training grounds on the Sunshine Coast! The Dolphins rugby club is very large and established since the 1980s. A grade team won 15/20 games in 2012, and one of the two finals matches held in September! Go the Dolphins! What a great score from them - doing Noosa sports proud, glad to have the Noosa Dolphins on our team!
With so many different sporting clubs around Noosa you’re bound to find a club you might like to watch a few games or even be part of the action – all contact details are available online. Not only does Noosa have the beach which means all of the associated water sports like surfing and swimming, we also have many ball game options around and I’m sure they would love to see you on their home grounds sometime soon!
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Latest News & Events
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more
- 09 May 17
- Noosa's Most Famous Mountain. Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with... read more
- 28 Apr 17
- Calling all Golfers There are four golf courses in Noosa with at least another dozen within a 45 minute drive from... read more