25 Oct 16
Noosa Triathlon is running for the 34th year with humble beginnings to raise money for charity in 1983.
The first Tri attracted only 180 competitors, crash hats were optional, and cyclists got lost on the course, and officials worked with stop watches and pencils and paper on clip boards, today there are over 3000 competitors.
A local man, approached the Noosa Lions Club to assist him organise the event as he wanted to raise money for the Australian Olympians to help get him and them to the next games. The deal was done on a hand shake and the Noosa Lions Club provided the manpower to run the Triathlon, all manned by volunteers. The following year, all profits were given to the Noosa Lions Club to distribute to needy families in the area.
So humble beginnings in a Noosa Park have now become the largest Triathlon in the Southern hemisphere, well done Noosa!
Head to our Accommodation page for more information on where to stay if you are watching or competing in the Tri!
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Great Unit, perfect position, the staff at Duke Street were extremely helpful
Gail - July/August 2017
Thank you for your assistance on our regular annual holiday. It is comforting to arrive, after travelling, to a warm and sincere welcome from staff. We would like to thank Penny, Lynda and Lin for their efficient and reassuring service, and communication, during our long stay. See you next year
Dean & Lynne - July 2017
Clean and tidy, light and airy, great location and value for money - we will be back
Gary - July 2017
Latest News & Events
- 08 Sep 17
- Wanting to come to Noosa but not sure where you would like to stay. We all know the glamorous Hasting street where you can be... read more
- 17 Aug 17
- Noosa has a great reputation for delivering some of the most iconic events in Australia and recently Rococo Restaurant, located... read more
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more