25 Oct 16
Noosa Triathlon is running for the 34th year with humble beginnings to raise money for charity in 1983.
The first Tri attracted only 180 competitors, crash hats were optional, and cyclists got lost on the course, and officials worked with stop watches and pencils and paper on clip boards, today there are over 3000 competitors.
A local man, approached the Noosa Lions Club to assist him organise the event as he wanted to raise money for the Australian Olympians to help get him and them to the next games. The deal was done on a hand shake and the Noosa Lions Club provided the manpower to run the Triathlon, all manned by volunteers. The following year, all profits were given to the Noosa Lions Club to distribute to needy families in the area.
So humble beginnings in a Noosa Park have now become the largest Triathlon in the Southern hemisphere, well done Noosa!
Head to our Accommodation page for more information on where to stay if you are watching or competing in the Tri!
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Latest News & Events
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more
- 09 May 17
- Noosa's Most Famous Mountain. Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with... read more
- 28 Apr 17
- Calling all Golfers There are four golf courses in Noosa with at least another dozen within a 45 minute drive from... read more