09 May 17
Noosa's Most Famous Mountain.
Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with your pets at Noosa Dog Beach and looked at that ever present pointy mountain over to the west?
Well if you have ever wondered what it’s called, that is Mount Cooroy, and it’s a landmark for us Noosa locals. Whenever we see it, we know home is not far away. My favourite place to Mount Cooroy is from Noosa River or Noosa Spit/Noosa Dog Beach. It’s a beautiful upside down conical shaped monolith that reaches 438 m high and watches over us.
Access is not available all year, except in October, every year it is opened up for public access for Cooroy Mountain Festival, unless you are lucky to know some of the owners of the farmland around Mount Cooroy.
The name was originally called Mount Coorooey, from the Aboriginal word for possum, Kurui. Politically correctly; Kuri’bigal’ba is the indigenous name from the now extinct locals from this area, Kabi.
So if you are after one of THE best views in the Noosa region then start training and get fit and walk Mt Cooroy.
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Great Unit, perfect position, the staff at Duke Street were extremely helpful
Gail - July/August 2017
Thank you for your assistance on our regular annual holiday. It is comforting to arrive, after travelling, to a warm and sincere welcome from staff. We would like to thank Penny, Lynda and Lin for their efficient and reassuring service, and communication, during our long stay. See you next year
Dean & Lynne - July 2017
Clean and tidy, light and airy, great location and value for money - we will be back
Gary - July 2017
Latest News & Events
- 08 Sep 17
- Wanting to come to Noosa but not sure where you would like to stay. We all know the glamorous Hasting street where you can be... read more
- 17 Aug 17
- Noosa has a great reputation for delivering some of the most iconic events in Australia and recently Rococo Restaurant, located... read more
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more