13 Feb 17
Relax in The Noosa Botanical Gardens
Just a short drive to the Noosa Shire township of Cooroy, on the shores of Lake MacDonald you will find the Noosa Botanical Gardens. Originally farmland that was resumed to create Noosa Shire’s water supply, the land was then used a rubbish dump before the Noosa Council started construction of the Noosa gardens in 1987.
The Noosa gardens as they stand today have an open air chapel, a fern house, a lily pond with a back drop of a beautiful Jacaranda Tree, a Greek style Ampi-theatre; where wonderful music events and operas are held.
The Noosa Botanical Gardens is pet friendly, (on leads) and a perfect spot for a picnic, under the willow trees. This beautiful garden is largely the work of locals whom donated their time to eradicate the area of weeds and worked tirelessly to plant and vegetate the area, there are a handful of full time staff employed to care for the Noosa Gardens now.
Please do find the time to go there, it’s peaceful, serene and great for wild life and photography as well.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
To get there, it is just a short car ride from your Apartment or Holiday home.
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Latest News & Events
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more
- 09 May 17
- Noosa's Most Famous Mountain. Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with... read more
- 28 Apr 17
- Calling all Golfers There are four golf courses in Noosa with at least another dozen within a 45 minute drive from... read more