04 Dec 12
We have finally hit Summer!
Last Friday was the lighting of the Christmas Tree on Noosa's Hastings Street. The crowd was amazing! Santa, angels, and Santa’s helpers were present; and plenty of tourists around cheering! Check out some of the photos. The Christmas tree lights should be on every night until New Year! Be sure to check it out.
Summer in Noosa usually means lots of days down the beach, Noosa River, BBQs along Gympie Tce and, of course, ice creams! On a Saturday night I would see about every third person with an ice cream in their hand! It seems Noosa’s the place to be for ice cream.
Mooloolaba beach has a new yoghurt shop that kind of resembles cold rock ice cream. You buy your yoghurt and mix and match the toppings! It is very yummy; definitely check it out! If you have time to hang around the Sunshine Coast for a while, make sure you see Hastings St and main beach, Noosa national park, Southern beaches, Mooloolaba and Caloundra; they are all very nice places to holiday. It would be impossible to get bored there is so much to do!
Around Noosa you would find all the finest restaurants, shops galore along Hastings St and Noosaville River (Gympie Tce) and heaps of market opportunities. Some of the most popular tourist activities for Noosa Heads are national park walks, dining out and Hastings St shopping. Once you see Hastings Street, check out the markets in Eumundi and the Noosa Farmers markets. If you are a surfer, try the open beaches like Sunshine Beach, Castaways Beach and Peregian Beach; you will be sure to catch a good wave!
At Mooloolaba, The Esplanade is the place to be for shopping and most tourist activities. The beach should be number one on the list and there are plenty of great dining and shopping opportunities. While you’re there, go through Cotton Tree and grab a coffee and cake at the Silva Spoon; simply the best! I would say Cotton Tree is much like Gympie Terrace and Hastings; a nice relaxed feeling.Caloundra is a peaceful area about an hour from Noosa. There are lots of holiday apartments around and Bulcock Street has many restaurants and shops to see. Caloundra is much bigger than Noosa or Mooloolaba, so make sure you have adequate time to see everything!
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Latest News & Events
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more
- 09 May 17
- Noosa's Most Famous Mountain. Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with... read more
- 28 Apr 17
- Calling all Golfers There are four golf courses in Noosa with at least another dozen within a 45 minute drive from... read more