26 Feb 13
Does the rain really matter if you are surfing? You are already wet!
Providing the weather hasn’t made the conditions extra rough and choppy, a holiday in Sunshine Beach for the surf would be a good outdoor activity in the wet weather! Sunshine Beach is a popular ‘surf beach’, not like Noosa main beach which is mainly a bathing area – the surf certainly doesn’t become as big as Sunshine most times unless you are around Granite and there is a cyclone! Sunshine Beach is a quiet area just 5 minutes from Hastings Street with plenty of apartments and houses available for holiday rental. The ‘Duke St village’ is the hub of Sunshine with its many quality restaurants and shops on display. Just opposite the Duke St village is Webb Park, right next to the Sunshine Beach Surf Life Saving Club. It’s kept very clean and there are plenty of tables and chairs to sit around for lunch and the pathway down to the beach is about 30 seconds away! It is just picturesque.
You could walk right around Sunshine Beach in around half an hour – it is a small area, but not too small! Walking the national park is fantastic – now that would take hours!! You can make it from Sunshine Beach to Hells Gates in Noosa Heads, and about an hour from Hells Gates you could reach Hastings Street. If you make it to Hells Gates, Granite Bay is just around the corner so you can surf there too! You’d definitely be getting heaps of exercise if you completed this walk!.. Plus a surf?? Wow, that would only be for the experienced I would imagine!
There are also a few good fishing spots around there. You could go rock fishing around that area and be sure to catch a few bream, dart and reef fish. There have been reports of people even catching Tuna around those rocks! If you aren’t an experienced fisherman/woman you could take a half day fishing trip on board the ‘Trekka’ or ‘Trekka 2’ run by Fishing Offshore Noosa! What an amazing boat! And reasonably priced too! You could guarantee catching a fish for sure. Snapper, Sweet Lip, Red Emperor, the list goes on. Anyone up for Sashimi afterwards??Speaking of Sashimi, try it at ‘Bar Sushi’ on Hastings Street or Mooloolaba – mmm! Teriffic.
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Latest News & Events
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more
- 09 May 17
- Noosa's Most Famous Mountain. Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with... read more
- 28 Apr 17
- Calling all Golfers There are four golf courses in Noosa with at least another dozen within a 45 minute drive from... read more