23 Aug 12
Looking for inspiration to walk a path in Noosa? You’ll be spoilt for choice and wonder where to start – and finish.
While there are many official tracks to follow in Noosa National Park, right through to Sunshine Beach, here are a few ideas to get you on the road to a few different paths.
A short walk that covers everything from beaches to gum trees, sea views to coffee stops, starts from Hastings Street. A good place of reference would be the offices of Dowling and Neylan Real Estate. Head towards Noosa Spit towards the end of the shopping district and follow the forest path to end of the land. Watch out for Bush Turkeys! From this advantage point you will often spot kite surfers enjoying the winds and the waves where the ocean meets the river mouth. You’ve earned an ice-cream from the travelling vendor if you’ve timed this walk right. Return to Hastings Street via the beach and enjoy the sand between your toes.
To extend this walk, or savor for another day, continue along the board walk that runs parallel with the beach. You’ll pass the back of some fabulous restaurants and the Noosa Surf Life Saving Club Rooms. The boardwalk continues almost all the way to Noosa National Park. From here you can collect a brochure for more adventurous walks and maybe spot a Koala. The return trip can be completed via the footpath along Park Road which meets Hastings Street again. Don’t be put off by the slight hill climb. There are plenty of rest spots for you to enjoy the views and dust of the camera.
For a flat walk with a difference – try the gentle walk to Noosaville. You’ll get a great view of properties along Noosa Parade – and see the sort of things you miss from the car. Once you reach William or Howard Streets, turn right towards the river. This will give you a whole new prospective of Noosa. You’ll be walking along Gympie Terrace – one of the more picturesque streets of the regions. From here you could treat yourself to lunch, enjoy a coffee under some tree, or possibly even manage a beautiful sunset with your favorite takeaway. Anywhere along the river is a great spot for people watching.
From Noosaville the choice is yours, walk back the way you came, or continue to Tewantin for more spectacular scenery, or take the Noosa Ferry back to your Hastings Street accommodation for a really unique view of the area.
What ever direction your feet choose to go, remember sunscreen, comfortable shoes and a bottle of water! Enjoy!
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Latest News & Events
- 19 Jun 17
- There is always a Festival of some sort happening in Noosa and June is no exception with the NOOSA FESTIVAL OF WATER happening... read more
- 15 May 17
- NOOSA MARKETS! Do you enjoy a lazy stroll through the usual Sunday markets? Well Noosa is the place for you! We... read more
- 09 May 17
- Noosa's Most Famous Mountain. Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with... read more
- 28 Apr 17
- Calling all Golfers There are four golf courses in Noosa with at least another dozen within a 45 minute drive from... read more