17 Jul 14
King of the Mountain
The king of the mountain event originated in 1958 by a gentleman named Bruce Samuel who claimed to climb Mount Cooroora in 60 minutes. What started out as challenge provoked by Samuel’s peers of the Pomona railway station soon become a rivalry by many who visited the stations and declared to take up the challenge and replace Samuel’s name of the wall of fame. King of the mountain has now evolved into largely supported event held annually and participated by many.
This year on the 27th July 2014, king of the mountain will hold yet another event. The main race starting at 3pm for a run of 4.2km consisting of an almost vertical mountain climb to the top and back, one not to be missed! Entrants travel from all of the world and train all through the year to obtain the strength, agility, resilient sense of balance and of course an immunity to fear to partake.
The festival is held in the Noosa Hinterland town of Pomona, it’s an all-day fun filled event for the whole family including– family fun run’s, heritage markets, the Canesaid primary school relay, tug o-war, zinc 96.1FM mountain dash, a skate park, jam session, live music, buskers, amusement rides, side show alley and all sorts of foods to choose from!
Why not be a part of the fun?
Why not participate?
More details here: http://kingofthemountain.com.au/
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Great Unit, perfect position, the staff at Duke Street were extremely helpful
Gail - July/August 2017
Thank you for your assistance on our regular annual holiday. It is comforting to arrive, after travelling, to a warm and sincere welcome from staff. We would like to thank Penny, Lynda and Lin for their efficient and reassuring service, and communication, during our long stay. See you next year
Dean & Lynne - July 2017
Clean and tidy, light and airy, great location and value for money - we will be back
Gary - July 2017
Latest News & Events
- 19 Sep 18
- NOOSA HOLIDAYS TIME FILLERS… Our wonderful weather has outdone itself again for the September School holidays, Noosa... read more
- 17 Sep 18
- So, winter is finally over! Meaning spring has now sprung…… in saying this we didn’t actually have too many... read more
- 26 Jun 18
- New Accommodation Treats. What an exciting time it is to be a part of Noosa Holiday Rentals! We have so many new... read more
- 13 Jun 18
- Its Sunday here in Noosa and I am sitting in the office on Hastings street, for the most part working hard. – However this... read more