09 Mar 17
The Sunshine Coast, and Noosa particularly, is an area blessed with miles of dazzling blue coastline and long sandy beaches so picking the best beach is never going to be easy. It’s a controversial question too, because every visitor and every Noosa local has a favourite beach that they think is better than all the rest.
So here's a go!
In Noosa National Park, Tea Tree Bay is the pick for many people - it has shady trees, total seclusion, deep rock pools at low tide, reasonably well protected for swimming (although the beach is not patrolled) and a great place for Koala spotting!
Noosa Main Beach is an icon, being one of the very few north-facing beaches on the mainland east coast which provides an abundance of safe sheltered water that is perfect for young families, swimming and boogie-boarding. And surfers can enjoy world famous point break on the right-hand side of the beach or head the other side of the Groyne wall to avoid the crowds. And for the shopaholics, Hastings St is only meters away with world famous shopping and dining options – shop or eat, the choice is yours.
Noosa North Shore is loved by adventure seekers and 4 wheel drive enthusiasts alike and its only a short car ferry ride across the Noosa River and once there you have 80 kilometres of beach to drive along. But don't forget you need a Beach driving permit and you can't stop to buy drinks and snacks after all it is a wilderness area. The beach is not patrolled so swimming is not recommended but you can climb the sand dunes for epic ocean views and to watch out for whales blowing and breaching from June to October each year during their migration north and then south after birthing in the warmer tropical waters.
Alexandria Bay, or the A Bay as locals call it, does deserve a mention.
You can reach it only by foot through Noosa National Park or by foot along the beach from northern Sunshine Beach but, although an amazing beach, this beach is not patrolled and is recommended only for experienced board riders and surfers. The beach is a stunning with a long white sand beach perfectly nestled between two rocky headlands.So which beach did you chose?
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Great Unit, perfect position, the staff at Duke Street were extremely helpful
Gail - July/August 2017
Thank you for your assistance on our regular annual holiday. It is comforting to arrive, after travelling, to a warm and sincere welcome from staff. We would like to thank Penny, Lynda and Lin for their efficient and reassuring service, and communication, during our long stay. See you next year
Dean & Lynne - July 2017
Clean and tidy, light and airy, great location and value for money - we will be back
Gary - July 2017
Latest News & Events
- 12 Apr 18
- Growing up in Noosa you get to know how limitless this place really is, the beaches, the national parks and especially the... read more
- 02 Mar 18
- Noosa is commonly known for its famous beaches and all the beautiful treats that Hastings Street has to offer. It is one of the... read more
- 15 Jan 18
- NOOSA FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL MAY 2018 – SAVE THE DATE. There really is nothing like good food and wine to bring... read more
- 07 Dec 17
- Well, summer has well and truly hit the Sunshine Coast and in true festive spirit, the sound of clinking champagne glasses fills... read more