25 Oct 16
Noosa Triathlon is running for the 34th year with humble beginnings to raise money for charity in 1983.
The first Tri attracted only 180 competitors, crash hats were optional, and cyclists got lost on the course, and officials worked with stop watches and pencils and paper on clip boards, today there are over 3000 competitors.
A local man, approached the Noosa Lions Club to assist him organise the event as he wanted to raise money for the Australian Olympians to help get him and them to the next games. The deal was done on a hand shake and the Noosa Lions Club provided the manpower to run the Triathlon, all manned by volunteers. The following year, all profits were given to the Noosa Lions Club to distribute to needy families in the area.
So humble beginnings in a Noosa Park have now become the largest Triathlon in the Southern hemisphere, well done Noosa!
Head to our Accommodation page for more information on where to stay if you are watching or competing in the Tri!
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Great Unit, perfect position, the staff at Duke Street were extremely helpful
Gail - July/August 2017
Thank you for your assistance on our regular annual holiday. It is comforting to arrive, after travelling, to a warm and sincere welcome from staff. We would like to thank Penny, Lynda and Lin for their efficient and reassuring service, and communication, during our long stay. See you next year
Dean & Lynne - July 2017
Clean and tidy, light and airy, great location and value for money - we will be back
Gary - July 2017
Latest News & Events
- 19 Sep 18
- NOOSA HOLIDAYS TIME FILLERS… Our wonderful weather has outdone itself again for the September School holidays, Noosa... read more
- 17 Sep 18
- So, winter is finally over! Meaning spring has now sprung…… in saying this we didn’t actually have too many... read more
- 26 Jun 18
- New Accommodation Treats. What an exciting time it is to be a part of Noosa Holiday Rentals! We have so many new... read more
- 13 Jun 18
- Its Sunday here in Noosa and I am sitting in the office on Hastings street, for the most part working hard. – However this... read more