25 Oct 16
Noosa Triathlon is running for the 34th year with humble beginnings to raise money for charity in 1983.
The first Tri attracted only 180 competitors, crash hats were optional, and cyclists got lost on the course, and officials worked with stop watches and pencils and paper on clip boards, today there are over 3000 competitors.
A local man, approached the Noosa Lions Club to assist him organise the event as he wanted to raise money for the Australian Olympians to help get him and them to the next games. The deal was done on a hand shake and the Noosa Lions Club provided the manpower to run the Triathlon, all manned by volunteers. The following year, all profits were given to the Noosa Lions Club to distribute to needy families in the area.
So humble beginnings in a Noosa Park have now become the largest Triathlon in the Southern hemisphere, well done Noosa!
Head to our Accommodation page for more information on where to stay if you are watching or competing in the Tri!
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Great Unit, perfect position, the staff at Duke Street were extremely helpful
Gail - July/August 2017
Thank you for your assistance on our regular annual holiday. It is comforting to arrive, after travelling, to a warm and sincere welcome from staff. We would like to thank Penny, Lynda and Lin for their efficient and reassuring service, and communication, during our long stay. See you next year
Dean & Lynne - July 2017
Clean and tidy, light and airy, great location and value for money - we will be back
Gary - July 2017
Latest News & Events
- 13 Jun 18
- Its Sunday here in Noosa and I am sitting in the office on Hastings street, for the most part working hard. – However this... read more
- 04 Jun 18
- The Noosa Hill Climb 2018. CALLING ALL CAR LOVERS ! – Or those of us who just love some action packed even... read more
- 20 May 18
- Run Away Noosa. On Saturday the 26th of May, put on your running shoes –Grab some friends and family and... read more
- 12 Apr 18
- Growing up in Noosa you get to know how limitless this place really is, the beaches, the national parks and especially the... read more