09 May 17
Noosa's Most Famous Mountain.
Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with your pets at Noosa Dog Beach and looked at that ever present pointy mountain over to the west?
Well if you have ever wondered what it’s called, that is Mount Cooroy, and it’s a landmark for us Noosa locals. Whenever we see it, we know home is not far away. My favourite place to Mount Cooroy is from Noosa River or Noosa Spit/Noosa Dog Beach. It’s a beautiful upside down conical shaped monolith that reaches 438 m high and watches over us.
Access is not available all year, except in October, every year it is opened up for public access for Cooroy Mountain Festival, unless you are lucky to know some of the owners of the farmland around Mount Cooroy.
The name was originally called Mount Coorooey, from the Aboriginal word for possum, Kurui. Politically correctly; Kuri’bigal’ba is the indigenous name from the now extinct locals from this area, Kabi.
So if you are after one of THE best views in the Noosa region then start training and get fit and walk Mt Cooroy.
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Great Unit, perfect position, the staff at Duke Street were extremely helpful
Gail - July/August 2017
Thank you for your assistance on our regular annual holiday. It is comforting to arrive, after travelling, to a warm and sincere welcome from staff. We would like to thank Penny, Lynda and Lin for their efficient and reassuring service, and communication, during our long stay. See you next year
Dean & Lynne - July 2017
Clean and tidy, light and airy, great location and value for money - we will be back
Gary - July 2017
Latest News & Events
- 12 Apr 18
- Growing up in Noosa you get to know how limitless this place really is, the beaches, the national parks and especially the... read more
- 02 Mar 18
- Noosa is commonly known for its famous beaches and all the beautiful treats that Hastings Street has to offer. It is one of the... read more
- 15 Jan 18
- NOOSA FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL MAY 2018 – SAVE THE DATE. There really is nothing like good food and wine to bring... read more
- 07 Dec 17
- Well, summer has well and truly hit the Sunshine Coast and in true festive spirit, the sound of clinking champagne glasses fills... read more