09 May 17
Noosa's Most Famous Mountain.
Have you ever driven around Noosa or been down on the Noosa River or perhaps playing with your pets at Noosa Dog Beach and looked at that ever present pointy mountain over to the west?
Well if you have ever wondered what it’s called, that is Mount Cooroy, and it’s a landmark for us Noosa locals. Whenever we see it, we know home is not far away. My favourite place to Mount Cooroy is from Noosa River or Noosa Spit/Noosa Dog Beach. It’s a beautiful upside down conical shaped monolith that reaches 438 m high and watches over us.
Access is not available all year, except in October, every year it is opened up for public access for Cooroy Mountain Festival, unless you are lucky to know some of the owners of the farmland around Mount Cooroy.
The name was originally called Mount Coorooey, from the Aboriginal word for possum, Kurui. Politically correctly; Kuri’bigal’ba is the indigenous name from the now extinct locals from this area, Kabi.
So if you are after one of THE best views in the Noosa region then start training and get fit and walk Mt Cooroy.
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Great Unit, perfect position, the staff at Duke Street were extremely helpful
Gail - July/August 2017
Thank you for your assistance on our regular annual holiday. It is comforting to arrive, after travelling, to a warm and sincere welcome from staff. We would like to thank Penny, Lynda and Lin for their efficient and reassuring service, and communication, during our long stay. See you next year
Dean & Lynne - July 2017
Clean and tidy, light and airy, great location and value for money - we will be back
Gary - July 2017
Latest News & Events
- 19 Sep 18
- NOOSA HOLIDAYS TIME FILLERS… Our wonderful weather has outdone itself again for the September School holidays, Noosa... read more
- 17 Sep 18
- So, winter is finally over! Meaning spring has now sprung…… in saying this we didn’t actually have too many... read more
- 26 Jun 18
- New Accommodation Treats. What an exciting time it is to be a part of Noosa Holiday Rentals! We have so many new... read more
- 13 Jun 18
- Its Sunday here in Noosa and I am sitting in the office on Hastings street, for the most part working hard. – However this... read more