31 May 12
The locals want it kept a secret but Noosaville has some fantastic places to discover less than 4kms from Hastings Street in Noosa Heads.
The short stretch of Gympie Terrace is dotted with a mix of tasty eateries to suit everyone from the pizza lovers to the fine diners and it doesn’t stop there. Thomas Street, roughly in the heart of it all also offers some superb dining choices including bars, restaurants, coffee shops and a boutique ice cream parlour – the perfect escape for your next Noosa Heads holiday.
But it’s not all about the food – there is a lovely selection of shops to loose time in. In fact you could pick up everything you need to take home from your perfect vacation. A new outfit, shoes, gifts, books and magazines, home wares, jewellery or even a piece of sports equipment if you so desire.
It has to be one of Noosa Heads most overlooked regions – and the locals like it that way. It’s not unusual to see staff call out to people by name as they walk the terrace. If you time it right you might even end up in the crowd of a small river side wedding.
And we haven’t even mentioned the spectacular view yet. The Noosa River weaves from the Noosa Beach river mouth all along Gympie Terrace and feeds into Noosa Waters. The river side is peppered with barbecues for your personal enjoyment as well as plenty of chairs and tables. The alternative is to collect your fish and chips and enjoy the free entertainment previewed each evening – your front row seat to the sunset!
If you fancy being a little more adventurous – why not hire a boat or jet-ski from any of the boat hire places on offer? No boat license is required and fishing gear is available should you be feeling lucky. The clear, smooth waters make it a safe family destination away from the crowds.
It is an easy flat walk from Hastings Street or buses leave regularly from Sunshine Beach through to Noosaville. However the best advantage point is to arrive on the ferry which departs from behind Hastings Street – a stone throw from the office of your perfect Holiday Accommodation specialist, Dowling and Neylan. Be sure to ask for a day pass as we know you will want to come back this way in the evening.
- Noosa Hill Accommodation
- Hastings Street Accommodation
- Sunshine & Southern Beaches
- Little Cove Accommodation
- Noosa Waters Accommodation
- Noosaville Accommodation
- Noosa Sound Accommodation
- Noosa Heads Accommodation
Great Unit, perfect position, the staff at Duke Street were extremely helpful
Gail - July/August 2017
Thank you for your assistance on our regular annual holiday. It is comforting to arrive, after travelling, to a warm and sincere welcome from staff. We would like to thank Penny, Lynda and Lin for their efficient and reassuring service, and communication, during our long stay. See you next year
Dean & Lynne - July 2017
Clean and tidy, light and airy, great location and value for money - we will be back
Gary - July 2017
Latest News & Events
- 12 Apr 18
- Growing up in Noosa you get to know how limitless this place really is, the beaches, the national parks and especially the... read more
- 02 Mar 18
- Noosa is commonly known for its famous beaches and all the beautiful treats that Hastings Street has to offer. It is one of the... read more
- 15 Jan 18
- NOOSA FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL MAY 2018 – SAVE THE DATE. There really is nothing like good food and wine to bring... read more
- 07 Dec 17
- Well, summer has well and truly hit the Sunshine Coast and in true festive spirit, the sound of clinking champagne glasses fills... read more